Check out my interview in Manda's Friends Blog

BEHIND THE BOOK WITH CELIA MARTIN
February 22, 2021|ShopSmallChallenge
Lady Rotherby is determined she will train Lady Selena to be the lady that Selena's mother so desperately wants her to be, so Selena will find happiness and love with a man of her social standing. Because Selena loves her mother, she has promised she will do her best to become that lady of quality. But that was before she met Calder Grantham, neighboring yeoman, and the most handsome man Selena has ever encountered. After a few short meetings with Calder, Selena determines she will marry... read more here.
Unexpected Treasures is Celia Martin's ninth book! I find that such an accomplishment. Writing a book is not as easy as it sounds. Trust me, before I published my first book, I had no idea how much detail it would entail.
Martin's books are a mix of romance and adventure set in 17th century Colonial America and England. Unexpected Treasures is a love story with some adventurous fun. In this book, it is the heroine that leads the show!
Of all her books, she finds With Every Breath I Take the most under-appreciated. The hero in that story is dear to her heart. Writing energizes Martin, yet she still sees many stories and characters coming to life in her mind, even while writing a completely different story. In Martin's opinion, a deep emotional bank does make sense to writing. However, it points out that some non-fiction books do not require emotion—a good distinction. Martin is an avid reader and storyteller. Martin is also aspiring to learn the piano!
When writing fiction, you create these characters, and it is not surprising that the most challenging scene that she has had to write was the death of a character she loved. Martin describes the experience as,
"...emotionally hard to write, not the writing of in itself. I feel like I captured the pain of his wife."
In Martin's own words, this is what she would like her books to teach or show the world,
"First, I want them to enjoy them and have a good time reading them, but most of my stories involve people helping each other—good triumphs over evil. But there's a lot of adventure as well as history in them. As a teacher, I always tried to make history fun. I wanted my students to see life as it was in the past, not just learn dates and battles."
Read Unexpected Treasures here.
Follow Celia Martin on her Blog, Amazon, and Goodreads

Comments

Popular posts from this blog